Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Playlist

The Soundtrack of Excitement:
1.) "Live Your Life" by Rihanna and T.I.
2.) "Hustler's Music" by Lil Wayne
3.) "Landslide" by Stevie Nicks
4.) "Johnny and June" by Heidi Newfield
5.) "Snow" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
6.) " Circus" by Britney Spears
7.) "Settlin" by Sugarland
8.) "Halo" by Beyonce
9.) "I Love College" by Asher Roth
10.) "Wasted" by Carrie Underwood (Theme Song)

I think that my classmate did a pretty good job at making inferences about my playlist. At first, I was really worried about what kind of responses I would see when I got my playlist handed back to me. But, I was relieved that the person didn’t think I some kind of huge weirdo after seeing what kind of music I liked. I listen to a very wide variety of music. By looking at my iPod, I think it would be very hard for someone to make any interpretations of my personality. So I knew it would not only be difficult for me to come up with only ten songs to describe me as a person, but also for someone to make inferences of me based solely off of those ten songs.

The songs that I picked for my personal playlist almost all have some kind of meaning to me and my life. Some of the songs represent more of a fun side. Being in college, it is fun to go out on the weekends and hang out with friends and have a good time. But some of my other songs represent where I want to go in life. I don’t want to have regrets or ever have to say “coulda, shoulda, woulda”. I want to live my life the way I want to live it and dream big and accomplish everything that I set my mind to. Just make the most of the life I have. I get introduced to almost all the music I listen to through the radio. I never just go searching online or on iTunes for new types of music. To me, when you listen to music via the radio, you are able to put that particular song into a time period. Then, if you listen to older songs that you haven’t listened to in a while, you are able to recollect on memories that you had that that song reminds you of from that specific time in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment