Thursday, April 16, 2009

Literary Circle Journal Entry #2

Overall, I personally liked the literary circle project. I really enjoyed the book, “Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers”, that I was grouped with. The other members in my group also enjoyed this project. At first, it seemed like it was going to be way too much work with all of the job assignments and everything that each person had to do, but once we divided the readings up, it was fine. The book kept us very intrigued. Mary Roach definitely has an interesting style of writing, one of which I have never read any books like before. I liked the way she was upfront and honest about EVERYTHING. She wasn’t afraid of offending her readers; she just told it like it was. I also liked the subject the book was about. I, as well as my other group members, am interested in science or the field of medicine. I, thought going into reading her book, that I knew a fairly good amount about human cadavers and the organ donation program; but I was very wrong. I never once thought that it would be more beneficial for human cadavers to be used for things like crash test experiments and other defying experiments such as being dropped from airplanes. Our group thought that the literary circle project was worthwhile. We also like how our research topics are derived from our book. Our grouped not only enjoyed her book, but learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment