Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hilltop Food Review

After a stressful day of classes on Friday, I returned to my room with an ache in my stomach and a palate waiting to be used. I decided to make a trip over to the hilltop cafeteria for some fine dining. My roommate and I made the trip in the windy Eau Claire weather, across the parking lot and followed the arrangement of tangled sidewalks until we reached our Oz, The Hilltop Center. We bypassed the first set of stairs that would only lead us to the food court and went to the second stairway which led us to the famous campus cafeteria. To first be allowed in, we were required to pay, like a buffet-style restaurant. We then grabbed our freshly washed maroon trays, picked out our finely polished silverware and made our way to observe the endless possibilities of cuisine. I bypassed the greasy pizza and cereal bar and glided towards the salad bar. I got to choose from the finest of vegetables and salad toppings and was able to mold my dream salad in the matter of a few minutes. Sliding my tray down the metal bars, I found the dressing the quenched my craving and headed for the drink station. I chose from the bin of the aqua colored scratched glasses and filled my glass with orange juice. As I turned around, I noticed a Blugold Dining Worker replenishing the cookie desert tray and decided to give a chocolate chip cookie a try. From that point I proceeded to make my way to the seating area of the cafeteria and chose a high table next to a window which overlooked the treacherous hill. I immediately dug into my salad creation and a ranch flavor flooded over my taste buds. The broccoli mixed with the shredded cheddar cheese and lettuce tasted amazing. I washed it down with the citricy orange juice and felt it make its way down my esophagus. I quickly ate the rest of my salad as teh anticpation of eating the chocolate chip cookie was building. I was surprised to find the cookie to be warm and soft. Must have been luck that I caught them being freshly put out on the shelf when I did. As my roommate and I finished our decadent meal at the Hilltop Food Cafeteria, we were full and re-energized. We made our way down the long, tile stretch to the double doors where a revolving tray return was waiting for us to turn in our maroon trays and dishes from our meal. We slid the trays in the appropriate metal slot and we were officially done with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment